10 Dating Do’s and Don’ts
I’ve come to find that dating in this day and age is becoming harder and harder. So I have decided to help out with a few tips I think may be helpful when finding that special someone. Here are my 10 Do’s and Don’ts for dating.
1. Don’t – convince yourself that you only have one “type”
Do- open your horizon for a compatible mate. Keep an open mind that you can possibly fall in love with someone who doesn’t meet your requirements for your “type”.
2. Don’t – Don’t be so critical or judgemental.
Do – approaching others with curiosity , kindness, and compassion opens doors for a smoother dating process. Dismissing people prematurely are ways to overlook a potential great love mate.
3. Don’t – come on too strong. Watch very carefully your behaviors that could be misinterpreted as needy, desperate, unstable, or undesirable.
Do – Remember to respect the natural progression of intimacy . Telling someone how you really, really like them adds unnecessary pressure instead gradually work your way to reveling your inner thoughts , feelings and personal story. Start off light and casual then progress to more deeper and intimate self disclosure.
4. Don’t – forget the traditional rules of dating.
Do – always remember to be a gentleman /lady . We live in modern times now where women can pay for themselves open their own doors but it’s still nice when a man can foot the bill after a dinner date.
5. Don’t – don’t become so influenced by family and friends such as ” is he/she the same race?” “Does he/she practice the same religion?” “Does he/she have the desired financial /educational status ”
Do – find the balance with considering others opinions, but keep in mind your own intuition of who your compatible match is for you. When you start to acknowledge your wants and needs you’ll likely land a long and lasting relationship. GET RID OF THE LONG LIST WRITTEN BY EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOU!
6. Don’t – Never get lost talking about yourself and your past relationships , your mistakes or who you were years ago or in your last relationship. People want to know who you are today.
Do – Always talk about yourself as you are today and the values and goals you have in the future.
7. Don’t – Never make yourself the highlight of the conversation.
Do – Always make the conversation reciprocal be very inquisitive and show interest in getting to know the other person.
8. Don’t – Never alter who you are to fit your love interest wants and needs. Altering yourself does not portray our values . This is how you attract people you never meant to attract. And the relationship ends before it begins.
Do – present your authenticity its much easier than trying to pretend.
9. Don’t – complain about your luck with dating or the dating scene in your city.
Do – Remember the dating scene isn’t easy for anyone no matter where you live. Your attitude about dating if positive will create opportunities for you.
10. Don’t stop pursuing new hobbies and life experiences because you found a partner. Be cautious of limiting things you do for you whether it may be running, sports, spending time with friends etc. Finding a connection with someone can be so exciting that it’s easy to lose sight of life before meeting that person.
Do – practice balancing time for yourself and as a couple from the beginning of the relationship. Evaluate each situation as it occurs and decide when the needs of the couple are priority and vice versa and decide when your individual needs are a priority.
When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe then you will be successful. Mr Wisdom365